The Consumers Energy Da$h For Ca$h
Presented by Gilbert’s Drug of Oscoda & Butterson Construction
- Tuesday, July 20, 2021
- Registration at the AuSable Inn from 3:00pm-5:15pm
- Sprints begin at 5:30pm
- Each sprint is approx. 1m:20s in duration
- Free to enter for paddlers registered for the Marathon. $20/person for non-Marathon-entrants & the general public
- Only racing-style canoes will be allowed to be used
The Da$h For Ca$h is a 64-team bracket-style, single elimination event to be held Tuesday, July 20, 2021, in Oscoda. Teams will be competing for a part of a $5,000+ prize pool! Sprints are scheduled to start at 5:30pm and will be held in approx. 2-3 minute intervals until a champion is crowned. Prize money will be handed out following the final sprint, and paddlers must be present to collect their prize.
Check-in and registration for the Da$h for Ca$h will be held at the AuSable Inn from 3:00pm until 5:15pm. Teams will be positioned on the bracket via random draw at 5:15pm. Only the first 64-teams to sign up for the Da$h For Ca$h will be allowed to compete.
Registration for the Da$h For Ca$h will be open to the public on the day of the competition, July 20, 2021, if spots on the bracket are still available. The entry fee for non-Marathon-registered paddlers is $20 per person. If a team comprised of one Marathon-registered paddler and one non-Marathon-registered paddler wishes to compete, they may pre-register at any time as long as there are spots available, with no entry fee for the Marathon-registered paddler and a $20 entry fee for the non-Marathon-registered paddler.
Paddlers will be able to pre-register for this event when they register for the Consumers Energy AuSable River Canoe Marathon. Click here to fill out the pre-registration entry form for the Da$h for Ca$h. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Da$h for Ca$h Results
Prize Money Payout
Bonus money will be awarded to the top two (2) teams with the fastest overall times, from each of the following divisions: (1st-$150, 2nd-$50)
– Women’s (Both female paddlers)
– Mixed (One male, one female paddler)
– Masters (Both racers aged 40+ years)
– Seniors (Both racers aged 50+ years)*
– Veterans (Both racers aged 60+ years)**
– Out of State (Both racers reside outside of Michigan)
– International (Both paddlers reside outside the USA)***
– Continental (One Michigan, one non-Michigan paddler)
*NOTE: Senior teams do not qualify for the Masters bonus.
**NOTE: Veteran teams do not qualify for the Masters or Seniors bonus.
***NOTE: International teams do not qualify for the Out of State bonus