Important Information for Race Fans
When important information comes to the attention of the committee, it will be displayed here for Spectator and Fans.
Spectators and Fans are an asset to all teams paddling the AuSable River Canoe Marathon. Fans cheering and routing for the teams keep the paddlers alert and gives them a boost of morale and adrenaline. The diehard spectators will follow the race from Grayling to Oscoda, and stay up all night!
This is The Toughest Spectator Sport and preparation is a task that should not be taken lightly. Spectators should be prepared for all kinds of weather conditions, bugs, traffic and thousands of other fans. Please read the Spectator Guide to help you prepare for your all night adventure.
- Please be careful and stay safe, DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.
- Park your vehicle in Grayling early Saturday for an easy get-a-way after the start of the race.
- Please follow the directions of safety personnel and police officers at all times.
- Bridges are closed to vehicle traffic in Crawford County; Stephan, Wakeley, and McMaster’s Bridges. The bridges will be lighted and spectators will be allowed on these bridges only.
- Vehicles will not be allowed near the bridges, so prepare to walk quite a distance to these prime viewing areas. Buses will be available on both sides of the river to assist spectators to and from the bridges.
- All other bridges are open to traffic outside of Crawford County and spectators will not be able to watch the race from these bridges.
- Spectators will be allowed on Mio Dam, but not on the spillway.
- Please respect private property and ask permission prior to crossing onto private property.
- You will need a U.S. Forest Service vehicle pass in order to park in any U.S. Forest Service lots. Parking is not allowed in boat launches so please park in the parking areas only.
Have fun and be SAFE! It will be another great race.